- This event has passed.
VA-WHPC: Student Lightning Talks
October 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
VA-WHPC hosted 10 students as they gave lightning talks on their research to members of the HPC community from across Virginia. Each presenter had 3 minutes and 1-2 slides to tell us all about their research. The speakers used this opportunity to practice their presentation skills and share their research with a diverse audience!
Scroll to the bottom of this page to see the announcement of the winners for Best Presentation and Best Halloween Costume.
- Soukaina Amniouel, George Mason University: A machine learning-based approach for drug response prediction in ovarian cancer patients
- Eleni Adam, Old Dominion University: Analysis of Subtelomere\Telomere Regions of Metastatic Cancer Genomes
- Rebekah Fogarty, Virginia Tech: Dynamics and Conformational Heterogeneity of the PIM1 G-Quadruplexes from Polarizable Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Emma Cleveland, Virginia Tech: Characterizing Oligomeric Amyloid-β42 and Lipid Interactions Through Molecular Dynamics: A Computational Approach for Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease
- Ranya Fischer, University of Virginia: Analysis of Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs) for COVID-19 Using County-Level Data
- Anna Schmedding, William and Mary: Transient Faults in Autonomous Vehicle Neural Networks: Resilience Evaluation and Mitigation
- Sabiha Salma, George Mason University: GUIEvo: Automated Evolution of Mobile Application GUIs from Mockups
- Alina Enikeeva, University of Richmond: What’s up with the cluster availability?
- Shawal Khalid, Virginia Tech: Blockchain oriented Software Engineering
- Grace Chamberlain, James Madison University: Computational Investigation of High Entropy Oxide Materials
Winners for Best Presentation
- First prize: Rebekah Fogarty
- Runner up: Grace Chamberlain
Winner for Best Halloween Costume
- Eleni Adam